Tuesday, September 14

Jack Russell







At the beginning of my summer holidays I saw an advert for a commission job of a children’s storybook on a Jack Russell. I sent off 8 full coloured illustrators of the Jack Russell and one with his family. I spent a lot of my time researching Jack Russell and watching and observing my own dogs. Also thinking of the character they wanted from this cheeky chap.
After a long wait I received a long letter in the post saying this time it was a no but I was in the some of the final conservation for the final 4. With lots more encouraging thoughts that I do have something I should stick at. I was disappointed but I couldn’t expect too much as it was my first commission I had tried for and with such a hopefully, personal and uplifting letter it hasn’t down hearted me and if anything wanted to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment